The selection of cushions correlates to the requirements of the carpets represented in Southland Floors’showroom.
Carpet manufacturers are specific about the use of carpet cushion to keep wear-and lifetime warranties in play. Old corner-cutting tricks, like increasing pile height to eliminate using a cushion, have been rejected because:
1. They may be effective on an extremely short term basis, with the carpet wearing out prematurely
2. Such practices are in violation of and invalidate manufacturers warranties, leaving customers no redress except with the retailer which is untenable.
By adding cushion to carpeting, the result is greater than the whole. Selling points for carpet cushion include:
- Carpet cushion extends the life of the carpet
- Correct cushioning fulfills manufacturers’warranties
- Carpet cushion cuts down on noise, both transmitted and received–deadening noises from neighbors and outside, like traffic
- Cushion reduces foot fatigue by absorbing the impact of each footfall
- Carpet cushion has significant heat insulation advantages, contributing to the overall energy efficiency of the space